Tuesday, April 15, 2008

wordlist

Once upon a time in a book or more likley an internet article somewhere, I read that toddlers are supposed to have as many verbals as their age (in months) Meaning that if Yael is lets say 18 months (for simplicity) then she should be able to say 18 meaningful words. Let's tally up shall we? First I'll make the numberd list then I'll try to fill it in.
1. Ba=ball
2. Ba= Abba (sometimes ah-ba comes out by accident
3. Ba=brother [ are we noticing the trend yet ]
4. Ba=grandpa (possibly pa?-arabs can't distinguish those vowels, try taking a cab from the American Consulate in East Jerusalem)
5. Ma= mommy {yoni's word for me was "e", a little confusing}
6. My=mine, a toddler favorite
7. Nah=No!-vigorous head shaking accompanying or sometimes not
8.Ma=more which can mean more drink, more food or another time to sing Hot Potato or the Itsy Bitsy Spider
9. Gehn=recently, this means again, as in throw me up in the air and catch me again
10. Da=dogs
11. Da=down in reference to the aforementioned dogs. these two are used simultaneously as one.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16
17.
18.
So since I literally fell asleep in the middle of writing this post, it will have to wait for anther tinw

No comments: