Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yaelisms - Part II

I knew I'd forget some and so of course I did -

BIG-ONE: It is never enough for Yael to say something is big. It is always "Big One" and said like it is the biggest deal in the whole world, and I guess it is to a two year old - For example: "I want apiece of chocolate. Oh, big one"
Or I want to have some toilet paper (which she calls paper towels) - the same size as always but it is "big one".

Pretty hair: anytime we brush her hair or put it up in pig tails or a pony tail. I ask her if she wants to do pretty hair and she will run and get her brush and ponytail holders. Trying to explain coo-coo (pony tail in Hebrew and peek-a-boo too) is just too hard.


She either has the littlest bladder I know or is still in the I hafta see every potty in every place we go to stage. We go at least once everywhere and sometimes up to 5 times within an hour.. Guess it is fun for her to feel like she has control over SOMETHING.

But we always give the kids choices...meat or chicken? [fish is not an option since Eran doesn't like the smell - but I'm trying to win him over to tilapia]
Flat (cheese quesadilla with tomato salsa) or rollada (cream cheese or hummus in a tortilla)

My kids are great helpers in the kitchen as long as you know that you will have 2 individual helpers and not that they will help each other.
When I make "Israeli" salad - cukes and tomatoes with some lemon juice and olive oil dressing, I cut up the veggies pretty small and Yael puts them in the bowl and stir. Then Yoni helps add teh dressing and stir.
Yoni makes the best matzah balls. When I make them they come out like leaden cannon balls, but his come out nice and fluffy. He also does nicely making guacamole. And you know what - if you let them help you make it, they are more likely to eat it - even if they are picky eaters. Some of my kids' favorite foods are GREEN: cucumbers, grapes, guacamole, apples - WHO KNEW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.