Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gratitude Journal

This is a new thing I am going to try. I heard about it from a "granola-yoga-y" lecturer this summer in Israel and read about it again today. UPDATE: Here is a link to an article on this subject by the woman who ran the workshop that I took in Israel. She also spent some many years on an Indian ashram before "finding" religious Judaism. My original comment about her stands.

Plus, lately I have been being very hard on myself - what with all the stresses of being a major-income earning mom, in my family, in this scary downturned economy.

I will try to log 5 things daily that I am grateful for without having any repeats.
Apparently this is a growing process and the first 100 are supposed to be the easiest....I'm thinking I might run out after 10 or so easy ones....We'll see how this goes.

More to come

1 comment:

Miriam the Mommy said...

What a totally wonderful idea!

Hakarat hatov is the source of a enhanced relationship with God. Good for you!