Monday, March 01, 2010

Slimmer who was 'too fat for surgery' sheds half her body weight to save NHS £20,000

For all of us who are struggling with losing weight of any magnitude - I found this article to be truly inspiring. She didn't decide to do it for her daughter or for her family, she chose to lose the weight because she was in constant pain and it has made a world of difference in her outlook on life.

I myself am almost at the weight she was when she started - and I can only blame so much of it on my twin pregnancy. Currently, I am heavier than I have EVER been and I am exhausted a lot of the time. I catch myself breathing hard while not even doing any strenuous activity and it scares the life out of me. I HATE that I am like this right now.

How am I supposed to chase after my 2 little ones if I can barely move myself off the couch. And it is only going to get worse as the pregnancy progresses - I almost wish I might get a touch of morning sickness so I wouldn't be so hungry all the time.

I want to do something about this situation NOW!
Surely there are things a high risk pregnant lady can do to slow the weight gain and keep me off bed rest in the future. I am disgusted with myself and want to get started NOW so it won't be so hard later in the long run.

All suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Miriam the Mommy said...

Oy, three posts of yours I read at once, all asking for comments!! Hmmm...

1) I would eat that Shepherd's Pie.

2) I just love love LOVE hot dogs in a blanket!

3) Re your job, personally we just got a new CEO and lots of new VPs and I couldn't be happier about it - the office is a much happier place and fortunately the new guys were well briefed on who is worthwhile to keep, like, for example, me. :) Hashem has orchestrated parnasa for you so far - he will continue to do so. Try not to stress out about it!

4) Re svelteness in pregnancy... toughie. Basically, it's the same things you know - you can't diet, you can't use all the artificial stuff... but there are things you can do. What about switching to only whole grains, i.e. no white flour? Or being vegetarian? All those enable you to eat 'good' calories more, which is better for your babies and you. I know some of that stuff's more expensive, but it doesn't have to be costly, especially if you use a crock pot or rice machine to make sure you have cooked whole grains on hand. And of course, water water water.