Wednesday, May 19, 2010

not a happy dance kinda day

I am stressing out about finances for the coming year and don't really know what to do other than be as proactive as I have been already.

Somehow I think having a nanny will be less expensive than daycare times 2. Plus two other school tuitions. Plus an increased mortgage and out of pocket expenses having to deal with a likely C-section (I'm finally coming to terms with that possibility although the thought scares me and I would rather do without) and care for 2 newborns.

Whoever said money is no object has not walked a mile in my shoes lately.

And on that point, I can't even walk a mile in my own shoes right this minute. Between gasping for breath because of my weight gain from the babies and the minor surgery I had to undergo yesterday to get the embedded remaining tiny sliver of glass out of my foot (which the dr couldn't really even see except for the glint of it in the light from the scope), I am nursing a tenderfoot with a stitch that needs to be removed in a week.

I hobbled my-own-self since we tried to get it out ourselves. Dad got a piece, then I soaked it a week later and got another piece out and then in the process moved the other remaining piece around so much that it was irritated and well embedded and not going anywhere. The dr couldn't see it any more than I could, but I could feel it for sure when he rubbed over the location. He had to give me a local anaesthetic injection and that was pretty darn painful! Never mind - I just joked that I am preparing for the hardship of labor to deliver these babies. Then he called in the nurse to assist - he wanted me to lay down on the table on my stomach and I refused. So rather unorthodox of most patients, he allowed me to sit on the corner of the exam table while he labored on my foot and Delilah held it still for him - with the understanding that I was not allowed to look [ not that I would want to -eeeewwww]. Delilah missed the whole injection phase, so she thought aloud that I had a rather high tolerance for pain which is when I joked that I was practicing getting my body ready for real pain...of labor... Then she wasn't really prepared for an extraction stitch kit, but went to get one while the dr held the wound together. Would have been better if I hadn't looked then either. Couldn't bear to watch the stiching part, but actually felt some of that so whatever...

All of that drama made the freezing of the wart on the other leg a walk in the park...

No comments: