Thursday, January 27, 2011

totally schleeping nachas


This is the last minute reminder for the big event of the semester, where my first grader gets up with his classmates and does the song and dance number for us parents to kvell over. And at the end of it all they get their very own siddur with an inscription from Mommy and Abba and a one-of-a-kind, mommy-designed book cover so that it doesn't get messed up in all the trials and tribulations of the daily life of an elementary school-book. This thing has been so hyped, and I have covered enough boxes in brown butcher paper after all the kids have gone off to bed (more than 10 of the required 22), that I think I have built half of their Kotel.[For the Chanukah party, which incidentally coincided with the last day of the book fair, I was in tears watching the little ones get up and recite their parts - I'm such a sap] (totally bringing my box of tissues in from the car!)

No comments: