Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Addicted

So we went away for one night with 2 sicko kiddos and I felt like I had packed enough stuff for a week. Good thing I took my car so there was room for everything. The only thing we didn't have was a laptop and I felt a pang of regret when I couldn't go online to investigate some minute detail or other about my kids. I am so addicted to the Internet, it's shameful.

Aunt Carol invited mom to go with her and Brian and his friend Kelby up to a resort village in Conroe. So mom invited me and we - me and the kiddos - went ahead and joined them (although for some reason I had an inkling that I shouldn't) [Eran was supposed to stay home and fix up the house while we were gone but he ended up sick instead and even missed a day of work and the house still looks like a tornado hit even though he did manage to clean the kitchen and toilet] It was a long long day and night for me as both my kiddos were not 100% and Brian was also not feeling well. And I had been with Yoni for most of the week anyway since he wasn't up to going to school. I needed a vacation from my vacation when we were done!

Yoni was an attention monger and was impossible to placate for long periods of time. He embarrassed the crap out of me by being a bit noisy and by swinging around Bubbe's cane (into displays and people) while we were trying on clothes at the Outlet mall (Mom's whole incentive for the trip) while Yaeli, my newborn started to kvetch right about the same time, as she was hungry. Her I can't blame or hold responsible, or him for that matter - it was just too long a day for him to sit still - the drive in the car and then at the store.

The next morning all he wanted to do was "see the water" and be Brian's shadow. So we looked out the window at the water. That wasn't enough for him. Eventually I explained that we could get him to settle down by taking him to see the water (the fountains on the miniature golf course). Mom was gung-ho to take him to the mini golf, but truth be known, it was too sophisticated for him. Also, it might not be a good idea (at least it didn't seem so to me) to give a 2 year old and two15 yr olds clubs and hard golf balls. When they did finally go to the course to "see the water" that's all Yoni wanted to do. If he had shown even the slightest interest in the game the other kids on the course were playing, I might have pushed to get the equipment, but the teenagers were more interested in the OTHER water. They wanted to rent a boat and go out on the lake. I was not about to have anything to do with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang girl, you have been BUSY! I just caught up on your last few posts. Glad to hear that Yoni doesn't have pneumonia again, always good news! Sorry you need a vacation from your vacation and that your maternity leave is almost over. Enjoy your last couple weeks!

Anonymous said...

I had fun anyway. Besides, I always enjoy being around you and your kiddos.
Love,
Bubbe