Sunday, December 06, 2009

Snow Day and weekend activities

Yael and Yoni and I made the recipe from the box of rolled oats for oatmeal raisin cookies. We destroyed my kitchen in the process and it made me realize even more that a stand or even hand held mixer would be a good ivestment for these kinds of projects.
Yael actually tried the finished product, but it took Yoni some convincing as the first bite he took was hot and he spit it out immediately with a pronounced "bleh"
We only baked one dozen and I rolled up the others and put them in the freezer for a hostess emergency. Since they are made with parve margarine, and it only takes 10-12 minutes to bake them unfrozen, I figure a half hour notice might give me the chance to actually take a plate of homemade slice and bake cookies somewhere when needed. :)
Next to try, the Amish sugar cookies which you apparently can make into all kinds of shapes and then decorate - great hannukah craft that we just did at shul with a bunch of other kids...
And then the peanut butter and nuttella recipe that I found that I will have to make when Jonathan isn't around because he doesn't like peanut butter or chocolate spread on his sandwiches. Who does this child belong to?

Now I have to get all the paperwork from my mother in law's trip to the ER together to send to Israel because they need to get reimbursed but more importantly because apparently she fainted yet again. It has not been a good afternoon for my husband. What can he do from here? She is in hospital in Afula doing the same tests she had done here 2 weeks ago. If she's lucky - we are talking about socialized medicine...
He is really concerned that something may really be wrong because she acted a lot out of character for what he remembered. But I spent a lot of time with her on my own and she was just happy to buy a lot of American goods to show all her friends at home. Maybe there really is something going on. He's afraid of a big neurological event that might leave her without her faculties and then where will we be? Yikes, to even think about something like that!

He may be attuned to what is going on with them more than he would like to admit. Even before he got the message he was tense. We don't generally have shouting matches over miscommunication isues, but we did today, and a crying fit to follow and really all over something important but silly. He didn't realize my fears and I didn't understand where he was coming from and it all blew up out of proportion, but really over nothing at all. But ugly, hurtful things were said and cannot be taken back and it proves that we really need to watch and think about what we say before we spout off - especially in anger.

No comments: