Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Phew! The cat is WAY outta the bag.

Phew! Glad that's over with.
The cat is WAY outta the bag.

My co-worker came into my office late this afternoon asking for the number to the HR manager since she had already closed her computer. I looked it up on the phone for her - no questions asked. She then told me she was expecting. Since she has shared with me in the past some of her many fertility and other womenly issues, I was super excited for her and know she has a lot of pressure on her to make this a healthy pregnancy. I was so happy for her that I hugged her and then told her on the spot that I was having twins too.

Then we found out that we are both due in late July. Not such a good thing for the office. We ran to our supervisor's office together to tell him what we pieced together already. She told him earlier in the day and I had tried twice today and at least once yesterday to tell him about the pregnancy. He then put it together, why I was having so many drs visits lately. This summer will be interesting in our dept to say the least - since we both kinda have the same function. Same but different. And we are both due in late July (mine will probably be earlier, and she may also have high risk pregnancy issues because of all her previous procedures)

And since the higher ups' offices are so close together - sharing a wall, the Sr VP of our dept saw us lurking in our boss's office and wanted to know what was up - I think he was afraid we were both leaving. So now he knows too. Congratulations all around of course, but you could practically see the wheels turning in their heads about how they were going to cover things down the line, and the comments came out about what is IN the water around here?
The company receptionist is due in February, an accountant recently came back from maternity leave and then quit to manage her husband's office. The IT #2 is due in April and one of our manager's wife is due soon after that as well.

And I made Teresa, my office neighbor and all around chatting buddy, call me from her car so I could tell her today too so she wouldn’t be the last to know. I invited her to lunch with me and my friend from HR (who I told today at lunch) and Teresa declined so I had to tell her over the phone. I chastised her that if she had come to lunch she wouldn've found out then.

Not to mention that because this is the beginning of a new year where they finally have some capital dollars to allocate, the bosses are tied up with massive spreadsheets and a million meetings. This is exciting news for the girls, but on the back burner for the boys at least for the next 3 weeks or so.

Tomorrow should be VERY interesting.


When it rains it pours ! :-)

1 comment:

Miriam the Mommy said...

I think I hinted before, but I am beyond delighted!! Beshaah tova umutzlachat, and I'll say it twice!