Monday, August 02, 2010

adorable...

Originally posted 7/31/10 19:56 hrs
I know you think life is all about the twins and all their cuteness, and truth be told they are filling out and starting to look like infants and not alien old men.

However, today's post is all about the adorableness of first crushes. Eran's boss's family came to visit from Israel and made it over this afternoon to see the twins for the first time. Now what is interesting is that they have 4 girls of various ages from 12 to 3. The oldest was here for a few minutes before she went to see a movie with some friends and the younger two stayed for several hours. The 6 year old went to school with my older ones and I am pretty sure she was my Yoni's first little crush since one day she went home crying that he threw her shoes over the fence or into the bushes or something. She also wormed her way into spending the night one night [my kids' first and so far only sleepover that lasted the whole night]...I put her off the first time she wanted to stay by telling her she didn't have a toothbrush, so the next time she made sure she had packed a bag to come to our house. She played well with Yael so it wasn't a problem.

So they turned up at the house and Eran knew they were coming but didn't mention it to Yoni and Yael on the off chance that they didn't show up. So it was a bit of a surprise for them. Yael was excited as she always is to have friends come and play. Yoni reacted quite differently. First of all, I like to hide presents and things in my walk in closet in my bedroom. So the kids know that the closet is off limits to them. And lately with so many people stopping by to see the twins, I have shoved even more stuff in bags in the closet so it is now impassable. In any case, the visitors arrived with the little girls and Yoni ran for my closet claiming that he was looking for something-sometimes I put the toys in toy-time-out in there as well, so I thought he might be looking for something specific. Then I realized he was hiding when he crawled up under his dad's clothes and sat on all the shoes (that could not be comfortable). It was the cutest case of shyness around a girl I had ever seen. If he knew how to blush he would have been red from the tip of his head to his toes! Somehow we finally coaxed him out and after the first few minutes of him still being akward, he finally relaxed and they played together (the 3 of them-Yoni, Yael and T... and they tolerated the littlest one who was so excited to finally play with dolls and toys that she entertained herself for the most part)

No comments: