Wednesday, August 11, 2010

leftovers

Here's another recipe I just tried because it is what I had in my refrigerator. Can you tell I haven't darkened the door of a grocery store in awhile?

Chicken Salad
1 leftover cooked chicken breast diced into small cubes
1 Tbsp light mayo (I used a big soup spoon to scoop it out)
almost that much Fat Free Italian salad dressing
1 mini cucumber diced into oblivion (I didn't have celery)
pepper to taste

I served it on a bagel thin open faced (thanks mom for providing me some sort of sandwhich bread) with a side of raw baby carrots and cold sweetened iced tea. Was gonna add the raw carrots to the salad and decided that it wouldn't go together so well. And I also wanted to put it on a bed of lettuce which I am also lacking at the moment. While eating it, I decided that it might also go well with some sweet peas, but not a lot of them. [Interesting, that's also pretty much how I like my homemade potato salad.]

Necessity is the mother of invention and right now I am totally winging it.
I am a little tired of breakfast foods and snacks for all my meals....

No comments: