Monday, December 26, 2005

Things are going to get worse before they get better

So my Mom spent the day in the hospital by herself mostly - Dad went there in the early evening, but maybe she'll get some rest this way without people calling (literally calling on the phone and at the door) all day long. It sucks that Eran and Jonathan and myself are all nursing some stages of a cold. Yoni has a runny nose and cough and there was no way I was going to the hospital with me around all those germs.

Eran is planning a trip to Israel. He waited till after my recovery time after my surgery (where they are undoubtably going to pull part of my brain out through my nose) As I told Sam, Mom's resident alien lives in the bump on the top of her head, Sam's has the monkey on his back, and mine is the huge adenoid mass at the back of my pharonasal passages. To each his own...I go for surgery on Dec 29th. Couldn't they use a less threatening word?

On a somewhat positive note, Jonathan will be starting a new school come Jan 2 (if I can get the paperwork for all the electronic transfers and such in on time) He will be at the JCC - right across the bridge and 2 major thouroghfares from us. It's good that he will be closer, but the cost is crazy. We are only paying half and it costing us more than the place he has been up until now. And we will be responsible for sending Kosher meals and snacks, whereas he has been being fed by State funded programs. Guess he's too old to get back on WIC and I probably make too much money as it is.

So there you go...

2 comments:

brenda said...

All I know from talking to Mom this morning is that she expects to be in the hospital till they take out the drains or till Friday at the earliest. She figures she might as well make sure she doesn't have to come back again.

She is still in good spirits and her only concern right now is that she gets home before the first of the year because she will be changing insurance carriers.

She laughingly tells all the staff that this is probably more costly than home health care would have been :) She seems happy to be screwing the insurance company one day at a time. She's also concerned that her sister-in-law who is a CPA, not a nurse, really did the best she could to keep her wounds and body clean, and that this was NO ONE's fault, but her nurse/doc friends sent her to the hospital at the first signs of a higher than normal temp.

Sounds like Mom – right? She usually gets her way - one way or another!

Anonymous said...

i just want her at home so that i can stop worrying about her.