Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Waiting to Exhale


This weekend was jam-packed; Mondays are Mondays - always rough to play catch up on daily reports from the weekend. And Tuesday is Staff Meeting Day. I usually skip out, but I have ben feeling so lost lately that I thought I should make an appearance and figure out what is coming down the pipeline. For some reason it was extra long today and took a big chunk out of my day.

Add to all that the fact that Eran in only feeling about 80% physically healthy since his return and depressed about not working yet, and that now Jonathan is sick (cough, runny nose, general malaise) too, I am super stressed out - AGAIN!

Recap:

last Sunday - Super Sunday at the JCC - fundraising event making calls for several hours; I figure, I may not be financially able to contribute at present, but I can certainly volunteer a few hours to make some phone calls

Monday - I wanted to go to a class given by our Rabbi, but I did laundry instead

Tuesday - follow up phone calls for Sunday

Wednesday - New Year, New You: Image consultant - actually quite interesting as a new networking opportunity with other female Jewish professionals (some are moms too) in Houston

Thursday - Paid a shiva call that went longer than expected. Was also supposed to go to a meeting at the JCC for the Early Childhood Development Committee, but I ran out of energy.

Friday - Rockets v Seattle at the Toyota Center - lots of energy, but draining.

Saturday - Went to services for the 1st time at our new shul's location. Then we had an oneg in honor of an engagement. We didn't get home till after 2PM. Then later that night we had a dress-up affair honoring people for their commitment to the shul on its 5th birthday.

The super-woman who organized this event must have been even more stressed than me:
1. Super Sunday at the JCC: she was co-chair
2. It was her son's engagement party at Shul on Saturday
3. She was the person responsible for putting together the shul's 5th b-day honoree evening event (also on Saturday)including publishing a program and putting togethera dinner and coffee and dessert for 300 people.


this Sunday - Superbowl, was there even a football game going on?
We went to a party for most of the game action [a friend of mine from work invited us - it was mostly people from her church - good thing I brought cokes and diet drinks instead of beer] and we left sometime around 8:30 only to stop at another house in our neighborhood toward the end of the game. I got lost (of course) going to the original party and drove around for over an hour.

When do I get a chance to

My face and neck are so broken out it is ridiculous! And if I see another gray hair on my head I am going to scream!

Plus Eran is upset about the state of the house and the lack of cooperation on the part of his fly-by-night Israeli friend who he thought was going to be his business partner, or at least give him the opportunity to work for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's up with the naked lady?

brenda said...

ART!!!
"Keeping her head above water, making her way best she can"

Anonymous said...

it's a girl thing-i recognized the art lady "treading water" and trying to stay afloat immediately

Carlye said...

Bren,

We need updates! Where've you been? It's almost like you're busy being a mom and a wife or something! ;-) Just kidding. Just miss reading about your life.