Sunday, February 05, 2006

Rockets v Seattle - again!

So on Friday afternoon my boss comes to me with 2 tickets in hand for the game that evening and offers them to me if I promise to use them. Eran is sick mind you, but I accepted them without a 2nd thought. It was only when I looked at them that I started to get excited. They were $85 apiece! So I went to the Toyota Center website to spot our seats...we were in section 114, right behind the basket.

When we got to the game, I led Eran to the seat and as we approched the seats in row G, 7 rows off the court, his incredulous comment was, "Where are you taking me"

So despite his being sick, he was very excited. We were able to watch the game and he didn't need binoculars at all to see it - we were that close - thanks to oil company "kickbacks". And I got to play with the thundersticks that they put on the seats in those sections throughout the whole game! It wasn't even a very interesting game, but who cares - Luckily we won - something like 100 to 70, or it wouldn't have been so much fun. It turns out that the last NBA game I took us to see, according to Eran, was also against the Seattle Sonics - go figure.

Now he has a request for tickets to see Indiana. Apparently, one of the players is a former Macabbi Tel Aviv player and he wants to make a big embarssing sign that says thank you.

When we got back to pick up the Yoni, we happened to catch a sports highlight reel of the game on a local TV news broadcast. And I caught a glimpse of my VERY bright salmon colored sweater, which leads me to believe we were probably glimpsed on TV throughout the game. Another exciting element to the story of the free tickets to the game.

Next up...Aeros tickets for Sam-O's B-day. And I've invited "Non-Sequiter Man" and "Super Survivor" to go with us (me, Eran and Yoni). So help me if they embarass me...I don't know what I'll do

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray for free tickets to random sporting events.

go home team!!!

brenda said...

somehow the post didn't get posted, but the comment is still very valid