Wednesday, February 15, 2012

And so I dub thee, etc...

Ben the Bold

Daniel the Daring although that doesn't fit his personality as well as Ben the Bold does.

I guess it could be Daniel the Delightful or Ben the Bodacious or Dainty Daniel and Brazen Ben....I could go on and on, but I'll spare you.
Ben in most definitely into everything. He stands up on chairs, shrieks to test out his voice, etc.

I saw someone on-line calling their 5 year twin daughters twincesses. Does that make my boys twinces?
In Hebrew they are teomim or they have an ach teom. Maybe I can come up with a rhyme for that...

In other news, today is White Tiger's birthday. It feels so stupid to refer to him as that although that is what he is, and he seems to like the nickname.
Which means that the oldest child's birthday is less than 2 weeks away and I haven't thought about what to do for him as far as a present or a party with his friends. I keep telling him that he needs to make the list of who he wants to come to his birthday, but I have yet to see it.
I can remember only one of my own childhood birthday parties...We went to putt-putt golf which was in the neighborhood. But then I really only have a smattering of personal childhood memories anyway. A lot of the others may be antecdotal...

For instance, I tell Jonathan about the time he peed on the wall when the mohel came to see him the first time to verify that he was indeed born with a bris. So I think he doesn't remember that actually happening, but it did and I told him about it. Yael was in need of a similar bathroom story so I told her that she wiped poop on the walls out of her diaper, She latched onto the story and it could have happened since I have brown walls in my bathroom.
Another sadly true bathroom story comes from this latest round of Benjamin being sick, He was throwing up and had diarrhea all at the same time. :( Giving Zofran to your kid is not fun. Diaper blowouts, carpeted living spaces, diaper rash...all in all not a pretty picture. Thankfully we are on the other side of all that now.
And twins who share everything really do share everything, including germs and an instinctive knowledge of when their sibling is not feeling well.



No comments: