Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Daniel's special songs

So I made up a special song for each of my kids using their name.
Jonathan's is set to Battle Hymn of the Republic, and all the others have simple tunes that are interchangeable. I used it to teach them who they are and what their name is when they are small [and sometimes just because,I think I must have read somewhere that it is important that the child be addressed by their full name often - plus why do we give them names and then not use them?]

For Daniel, I just noticed that he knows how to say love...
I often tell the kids "I love, love love, you." and he has started to repeat it back. It sound more like Luh, luh, luh, but it is super cute!

And then there is the Huggy Buggy Bear song. Another nonsense song that I just made up on the spot one day, that has become a daily staple in the hug department. As I sing it, I rhythmically pat their backs as well so it is a combination of song, swaying to the rhythm and hugging - all high marks in the scary world of a toddler. Daniel will sometimes say "luh" at the appropriate time if you pause in the singing

The huggy buggy bear song goes as follows:
Huggy Buggy Bear
My huggy buggy bear,
I ...(pat back twice) Love ...(tap twice) You ... (tap 3 times)

Huggy Buggy Bear
My huggy buggy bear,
I ...(tap twice) Love You Too ooo... (tap 3 times)

Huggy Buggy Bear
My huggy buggy bear,
I ...(pat back twice) Love ...(tap twice) You ... (tap 3 times)

Huggy Buggy Bear
My huggy buggy bear,
I ...(tap twice) Love You Too, doodle doodle doo... (tap 3 times)

No comments: