Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Chick-Fil-A

Kris Said: 
 
I am tired of straight people commenting on this chick-fil-a drama!!!!!! You have nothing to worry abt people, you get to be married with no hassle, your rights aren't being questioned. We in the 21st century times have changed. I didn't want to get in this drama but DAMN!!!!!! Why can't we be like EVERYONE else? Lady Gaga put it BEST......we were born this way :) I am proud to be a GAY MAN!!!!!!!! Chick-Fil-A will not stand in my way of happiness. I will just not eat there any longer.
· · · 24 minutes ago via mobile · 
 
Julie said:
So, we went to Chick-Fil-A to show our support. We tried to make it before the dinner craziness. We were the only ones walking in on this one side and this guy from his car starting yelling at us and cursing because of our support--- saying things I don't want my kids to hear. Thankfully, they really didn't know what he was saying! Jude had the best response, "Cuckoo-cuckoo!" But, on the way out, we met Extreme Team and they ripped a telephone book in half for us and took a picture. I'm glad we went!
· · 4 hours ago · 

These two posts appeared in my Facebook feed one after the other. Knowing that I went to an Arts high school and have known many gay friends throughout the years is just a bonus. This is one of the many reasons I choose not to openly discuss my views on  politics or anything remotely controversial. And I usually refrain from joining in or getting dragged into those kinds of discussions, if at all possible.
For some frame of reference: Kris is not a blood relative, but he is definitely part of the family. Julie is a childhood friend (we were in school together since the 2nd grade and graduated together) who is also a mother of 6 (soon to be 7) who chooses to home school her children. I believe her husband is a youth pastor.
I don't get to vote with my money on this issue. Our vendors often bring us chik-fil-a and/but I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase it. My children have never been there to eat or even for the SUPER slide thing that they have in their restaurant.

No comments: