Sunday, January 04, 2009

Last Joke

I thought the last joke was funny when I posted it. Now I don't find it quite as amusing with infantry soldiers firmly on the ground in Gaza.

So I heard another one that day that works a lot better if you tell it rather than read it, but here goes:

What do you call a fish with no "eye"?
FSH.

Get it?!?

Please keep your rotten tomatoes to yourself. These are almost the kind of clean jokes you can share with kids, kinda....

I have to do something to keep my mind occupied...both my kids are starting a new school on Monday, but tomorrow I have to get through a joint birthday party for 2 of the popular boys that Yoni will be sad to say goodbye to...UGH!!! And I had a long chat with his current Pre-K teacher which was both good and bad - she is both too close and not close enough to the whole balagan (mess) to be objective. I think what will come out of it is that we will become friends as her college-aged daughter left this PM for a 10 day Birthright tour of Israel. Impecable timing! I think I will be the one to calm her down about all that her baby will be going through.

And I don't remember the last time I had such painful CRAMPS!!! TMI - I know, but how much suffering can one mother be expected to take? Give me morning sickness over this bit any day!

Update:
Just in case you thought I forgot, I am seriously keeping an eye on developments in Israel and the region. When things start to heat up on the Northern border (let's hope that doesn't happen) I will seriously get nervous. But for now, I have a few friends who will be affected (BeerSheva, Arad) and Jerusalem will be on alert for unusual martyrdom, but for now, I dont think I personally know any soldiers that have been called up to serve in the immediate confict. But we are still concerned that all our soldiers return home swiftly and safely to their families. Tzav 8 is always a miserable state to be stuck in - you have to leave your daily life and family behind at the drop of a hat to keep your country and your brothers in arms safe in some of the most difficult fighting and situations ever. Not an enviable position to be in as a highly trained military position.

No comments: