Tuesday, January 20, 2009

response to the worldwide effort to support our israel soldiers

I didn't email and ask for a single soldier (I think all the soldiers need our special prayers and thoughts), but thought that others might want to so I helped spread the word in my little way.
Then I saw this article today http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/israeldiary/Praying_for_My_Soldier.asp
and had to email you on the spot anyway for a name or a brigade or something.

I learn (and schmooze) once a week with a program called Partners in Torah (I think it was Females in Torah before that) and I know my rebitzen is sometimes rather suprised that I am there every week despite the everyday pressures of being a a working mother of small children. I made that commitment to myself and that it is something important to me, so I make it happen. [Like the mail service, come rain or high water, snow or sleet - that's big in Tx]

So, now that the intial steps are being taken on a tentaive cease fire in Gaza, there are still plently of dangerous situations for our soldiers to be in. (My husband's uncle died many years ago in a car crash, while in the line of duty, and is still recognized every year) I want to have the privelege of having my "prayers, good deeds and the like" be for myself, my family and for klal yisrael, not just a single soldier or brigade.

Unfortunately, the "war" against the Jewish people is ongoing and may be defined by certain military actions, but as a Jew living in galut [not-in-israel] and with day-to-day struggles with anti-semitisim, the war for me is always fought on many fronts.
I am many times (and have been for alot of my life) the only Jew in my work environment, my school environment, amongst many uneducated people who always corner me to ask more about being a Jew.

Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments: