Tuesday, March 15, 2011

flower picking

Now that I have yesterday's ranting out of my system, I can refocus on the fact that my kiddos are absolutely scrumptious!

The weeds we try so very hard to eradicate from our lawns, the ones that make little flowers that spread their pollen to further populate the weed garden, are the very flowers that my munchkins have been enjoying.
The love to pick the flowers and bring me sweaty bunches of pure and innocent pleasure. The pleasure of bringing me the flowers (which they think are the most beautiful thing in the world for their mommy)
The joy they get in going out and finding every last bloom in the yard and proudly announcing that I am now the proud recipient of ALL the flowers in the yard.
It is such a childish thing to do - to have the joy in picking flowers for your favorite people.
The best part is that when they have too many to hold they improvise. Instead of a basket they have used a coffee cup or even most recently the blue bucket we would normally use to mop the floor. And then when their friends came over for a visit, the 4 of them were in the yard, eradicating all the helpless flowers and piling them high in the bucket.
Too bad the big dog across the back fence scares Yael and her friend is seriously allergic
x

Oh to be so entertained by the garden flowers that others want to eliminate. It is what makes childhood so amazing and such a shame that it is but a fleeting memory before they move on to other more important and crucial things like homework and reading.

No comments: