Monday, October 30, 2006

Tales out of school

I just had to share this...
We go to pick up Jonathan from school this afternoon and I notice he's wearing a different shirt than the one I left him in this morning.

Usually during potty training, if there are accidents it involves changing the pants. So I thought it a little odd that he was in a different shirt, but didn't pay it much mind.

Now just as a coincidence, this morning Jonathan specifically brought a no-sleeve tank top (not appropriate fall weather wear, but I'm not going to argue with my 2 year old son when I'm trying to get him out the door) and put it in his cubby hole, along with his spiffy jeans jacket and Bugs Bunny baseball cap.

When we came to pick him up, that tank top is what he was wearing, despite the fact that there was another short sleeved shirt in there too. So I asked him why he had changed shirts and he replied, "Went pee-pee on it" and continued playing with the Play-Doh.

He has had accidents recently at nap-time, so I just assumed that his diaper leaked and that they changed his shirt for health reasons. Logical enough I assumed. But the afternoon teacher was looking a bit pensive and seemed to be trying to remember something.

She then remembered that the reason he changed shirts was because one of the other boys in the class was using the toilet and still learning to aim (we're all learning to use the potty together it seems.) Well he completely missed the mark and peed all over my son. What can you do but laugh. I wasn't horrified until I just typed it up, my initial reaction was that it is a hysterically funny story. I just couldn't contain myself and laughed out loud. The teacher was trying to be diplomatic about it and even left the individual's name out of the story, but kids will talk. Jonathan told me again loudly at dinner as he was wearing that spiffy jeans jacket over his sleveless tank top, that Jack (or maybe it was Zack, whatever) pee-peed on me. Gotta love em ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confucious say:

It is better to be pissed off then pissed on.

Anonymous said...

in my opinion, one good deed deserves another. i say jack or zack needs to be peed on. i'm not volunteering (i think i'd go to jail) but i'm justn sayin'

brenda said...

I still think its funny that the kid peed on Jonathan...maybe not at the time, but hey - how much pee can it be from an almost 3 year's old bladder? They probably get wetter when they spill their juice across the table at each other.