Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Black Socks

This is a quick tribute to Mrs King who taught us many funny songs throughout the years.
I have taught it to Yoni (right after she passed away) and he occasionally requests it [by name]on the way to school or before bed. It reminds me fondly of my younger years and I thought I would share it with you here:

Black socks
They never grow dirty
The longer you wear them
The blacker they get
Whenever I think about washing them
Something inside me says...
Don't wash them yet

Yoni pauses dramatically before the last line and wags that finger back and forth like a stern school marm but with his charming smile to balance it out.

Thanks for the memories Mrs. King and for other favorites like Cukaburra and Father Abraham and his seven dancing sons .

Oh and here is your daily picture my loyal blog readers

1 comment:

Carlye said...

Not quite the kind of picture I was hoping for, but cute!