Sunday, January 21, 2007

Dress for Success

This is one of my new year’s resolutions. I posted about it here originally.
As I get a clean slate at the beginning of the year, I also get to return to work after a couple of months off for maternity leave. I decided to turn over a new leaf and dress up for work on a daily basis.
I got the opportunity to do alot of wardrobe (clothing) shopping while I was off, I just need a little income to finish accessorizing with new shoes (my father calls me Imelda, but I haven’t bought any lately) and contemporary jewelry.
Once you’ve done something for three weeks it supposedly becomes a habit and that is certainly my intention here. To dress up and wear makeup to work daily – at least for now – as this should counteract any lingering “pregnancy brain” phenomenon and instances of sleeplessness to be encountered with an infant and an almost three year old at home.
Its all about the appearances we put forth to the world and I intend to look professional.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great ideas!--keep it up-you can do it--but,it's time to shop--we need more blouses and new shoes