Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Daktur

Am I psychic or what?

I took half a day off this morning to take Yoni to the doctor and half expected to be admitted to the hospital AGAIN since that's what happened last time we went for a follow up visit at this clinic with this doctor after our hospital stay (in May). We were even in the same room that we were in the last time. I could tell by the amount of time it took her to get in the room that something was not good, and then she took a long time scrunching up her face while reading the X-rays before telling us that she wasn't happy with the films. Then I went and peeked over her shoulder (from across the room) and unfortunately I understand enough about these chest x-rays to see the white areas she was concerned about.

Instead of admitting us on the spot, she just ordered a bunch of tests since Jonathan's lungs are still not clear and now it seems there is some irritation on both sides (we were only concerned about the right side before) Then she admitted that she would consult on this case with one of her colleagues who happens to know Jonathan as he was the one who visited us in the prior visit in the hospital.
Of course the fact that we had a barking cough for the past two weeks and that Yoni turned blue for no apparent reason except being excited should have been the first clue that we still have problems.

So now we are waiting to do a barium swallow study and then possibly a pH test of his stomach by way of a probe down his esophagus to see if maybe he is not aspirating food into his airways when he swallows or if he has more than normal acid reflux. We'll also decide whether to do a CT scan of his lungs to get an even better idea of what is going on - should be outpatient length of time she suggested.

I told you he doesn't have asthma, my mother's instinct still believes that, but it can't hurt to give him some Albuterol to make him stop coughing and breathe easier in any case.

At least the good news is that I am not crazy, he still has lung irritation which makes it hard to breathe and probably accounts for his waking up every night as well as his snoring, and of course the fact that he is not laying in the hospital right now and we will get to go back to do the tests.

Once we finished at the clinic, which was the first time Eran had been there - I've been there 3 times, we grabbed a quick bite and Yoni fell asleep in the car. So I took Eran to work and then took Yoni back to school for nap time. That was nice cause I got to pop in and see Yaeli being fed her noon time bottle and the ladies were so sweet. So I got extra time with her this morning and got to lay her down on the toys and then I got to give her kisses when I saw her in the middle of the day. And when I finally picked her up this evening she quieted down when I picked her up -no offense Grandpa, she just missed her Mommy that's all.

So the Jonathan 3rd birthday party ball is finally rolling - we set a date and an activity to do with a room full of 2 and 3 year old preschoolers - that was another thing I did this afternoon before going in to work where I did the only thing I HAD to do today - put together 2 books and have them overnighted to the drilling rigs - It was actually quite nice, I was greeted at my desk by 2 bouquets of Valentines flowers from an older gentleman co-worker (who graced a few of us with them last year too) and the departmental muckety mucks - too bad it was overshadowed by my shocking news from earlier in the day and the fact that I was too stressed about getting those books made to enjoy them, but they will be there all week and I will enjoy them then.

More on that birthday thing in later posts too....Now on to the pics...

A Golden Oldie from December of my precious Yael





3 Month old Yaeli after the rest of us came back from seeing Sesame Street and Elmo











Here's Big Brother Yoni "reading" to Yaeli about his most favorite "Things That GO" - trains









Isn't she a magnificently sweet way to keep your mind off the not so happy news about that other cutie?
These pics just don't do her (or me) justice...I have some really cute pics to post tomorrow, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Miriam the Mommy said...

Oh, I'm SO glad you finally posted pictures!! I was beginning to think you were making it all up!

And I thank God on a regular basis that Elmo hasn't 'hit' Israel yet. I can't understand about half the words he says, can you?

As for Yonster, wow, refua shleima!! What's the full hebrew name, so in the infrequent times I daven I can mention him? I mean, Hashem knows who 'Yoni Namer' is, but it's nice to follow protocol...

brenda said...

Elmo is a 3-1/2 year old monster so I have had plenty of practice deciphering what he says by way of Yoni.

BTW - Jonathan Maor Namer. Now comes the hard part...I am Brenda Sharon on my teudat zehut (and my ketubah), but Tziona Shoshana is the hebrew name I was given by my parents

Thanks for keeping us in mind - we'll eventually know what makes this kiddo not feel so good :)

And we're moving in mid-March to a larger apt (after we make it through the birthday and all the accompanying partying) to a larger place (more living space, smaller kids room - all they do is sleep there anyway) with TWO bathrooms (and bathtubs) - I'm super excited!