Saturday, February 10, 2007

Elmo Makes Music


Thanks Uncle Sam and Aunt Carlye for helping Yoni have a very special birthday. We went to see Elmo and his Sesame Street friends (click here) and spared no expense on the chachkies.

He got a spinning Sesame Street lightup wand with Elmo on top - his new favorite toy, which he nearly ran the batteries down on already, an Elmo T-shirt, an Elmo doll and the show CD. Then at intermission he got a $10 mylar Elmo face balloon-see above pic.


It was a cute show, but we were exhausted after the first half and since I am fighting the ghastly chest congestion and cough (which I haven't dealt with until now since I had my adenoids taken out), it seemed that the 2nd half after intermission was a little too much, but of course they saved the Sesame Street classics like "Sing" for the 2nd half and as a finale. It just seemed a little anti-climactic since it was nap time for most of the kiddos and the meltdown factor could be seen everywhere.

Kudos to the Yonster though - he actually made it to the potty at intermission (disgusting public men's' room I can only imagine, Eran got this one - the women's line was around the corner) and actually did his business rather than needing a new pull-up mid show. We're so proud!

He was so excited he called Sam at least 10 times this afternoon instead of napping. He was also about seven different shades of grey and blue in his face and lips today as lately he has been coughing also. Next week he goes back to the respiratory doctor (pulmonologist) who is monitoring him after the surgery and his asthma. We'll see what she has to allow and how badly we've done and whether we have to alter his care at this point. My guess is we'll probably end up on oxygen or something of that nature since he is barking like a seal when he coughs and then coughing something up that he doesn't actually spit out (or vomit - thank goodness)

However, another tidbit of work-related news, I got a phone call on my cell phone on the weekend at 8:30 AM (which is relatively late for a field man) from the oil-field in Louisiana. I forgot that I have my cell number on my card and in the office directory and didn't answer the first call...Anyway, I got the relief field supervisor set up with the necessary username and password and mapped to the right forms in the database in about fifteen minutes, right as we were getting ready to walk out the door. If he had called twenty minutes later, I would have been dropping Yaeli off at the grandparents. Ah the wonders of technology, and extra responsibilities since "Ms Thing" is gone. Good thing he caught me or he would have been calling someone else (my boss) to get it done. Yippee for me and for feeling extra special important enough to merit a phone call on the weekend, good thing it wasn't 4:30 in the morning, although I probably would have been up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But where are the pictures of Yoni and the fam enjoying Elmo? You're killing us with your lack of posting precious pics of our niece and nephew. Glad you guys had a great time!

Carlye

Anonymous said...

Hooray Elmo!!!

Glad you guys had a good time and it was nice getting to talk to Yoni for a few minutes.

Give your kiddos hugs from NYC.