Friday, November 16, 2012

internet

Nov 16: Spent the morning at school and when I finally remembered that of course they would have wifi capabilities there, I opened my browser to find out that rockets had been fired at Jerusalem. You could have knocked me over with a feather I was so shocked.
So of course I spent the whole rest of the afternoon at work listening to the 9PM-Midnight news broadcasts from Israel that were interrupted every few minutes or more by the anchor throwing to the field reporters stationed all over the south and beyond. I think my favorite report was of the Tel Aviv bartender who was working a last shift before SHE (yes, I was shocked too) got called up tomorrow morning to report for reserve duty. And she was young and blond and most likely has a very important Army role to fulfill as she was mum on where she was headed and what she would be doing. And I didn't even know that girls got called up for Miluim. Guess because she is not married with kids and the army invested in training her (not to be a bartender, but whatever) so she is theirs for a few more years anyway.

So today I am thankful that we live in an age where I can keep up with what is going on far far away by news reports and all the broadcasts that I can stream online and not just read from a news updated crawl.

I hope everyone stays safe. and that we have a drama free weekend.

No comments: