Friday, November 09, 2012

friends

Nov 9: Make new friends and keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold.
This little song is one that we sang a lot in Girl Scouts and one of the first I taught my children when they were old enough.
So I am grateful for the friends that are oldies but goodies, like my scout friends and HS reunion peeps that I wanted to see and college buddies and friends that you can pick up with as if you never left off even when life gets in the way.
But I am also grateful for new ones like the ones that are going through all this school drama about the monumental 3rd grade.
So tonight we celebrate the new friendships that are being forged between mothers of 3 or more children. (3 families with 3 or more children each are getting together for dinner at one of their houses - and I totally wish I was organized enough to pull it off at my house, but hey, they all have housekeepers or mother's helpers or both)

People are put in your life for a minute or a lifetime but there is always a reason.

I am grateful to be able to rely on friends in tough times and friends who understand when you need your space.

No comments: