Wednesday, November 07, 2012

my little girl

Nov 7: Today I am grateful to be mommy to the most amazing little girl that ever was (I'm not biased or anything). Six years ago Yael decided to make her debut into this world and almost didn't give me a chance to get to the hospital to do it. She hit the ground running and has barely stopped ever since.
She is a smart, effervescent child whose smile lights up a room. She loves drawing colorful pictures of hearts and rainbows and flowers, just as a happy child should. She charms her way into the hearts of children and adults alike. Like her mother, I think she has never met a stranger, only friends she doesn't know yet.
I hope for her sake and mine that she will carry this characteristic with her for a long time to come.
She's scared of the dark (I tell her I am too) and dogs. Hates to sleep alone (that's gonna bite me in the butt down the road - hello, no teenage boyfriends at least until she's 30ish) and loud, scary thunderstorms - but loves to watch the lightning.

This morning I did the unthinkable. We arrived to school in time for carpool. She is always trying to cajole me into walking in with her. This morning, not only did I walk her in, I helped deliver her to her classroom with her birthday cookie cake for her school friends. A little birthday gift from a busy mommy.

Now don't get me wrong, I am also the proud mommy to 3 amazing boys who are all finding themselves in their own way. But my little girl changed my world forever.




Jonathan made me a mommy
Yael made me the mommy of a little girl
Daniel and Ben put me into the mom of multiples club.

I am truly blessed

No comments: